🎄✨ Deck the Halls! ✨🎄
With the weather here in New York getting cold, and dark, it's time to add a sprinkle of festive cheer and a pop of fun to our holiday decorations. 🍿❤️
A DIY Popcorn & Cranberry Garland is an obvious choice for us, as popcorn obsessed as we are! This one is a beauty because it's not just a classic decoration; it's a delightful activity to share with loved ones. We also love that it’s wallet & earth friendly while still looking absolutely charming!
What You'll Need:
- Popped popcorn. We’ll use the Petersen Red kernels because of their bright white color and robust texture. Pop these a few days in advance so they stale & easier to work with. Since they will be stale, we recommend popping up a new bowl of popcorn just for snacking on!
- Fresh or dried cranberries for a pop of festive color, you don’t want craisins in this situation, but they would be a delicious snack!
- A needle and strong thick thread (dental floss works great too!)
- Pop Your Corn: Start by popping enough popcorn to cover your desired garland length.
- Thread the Needle: Tie a knot at one end of your thread and start stringing. Alternate between popcorn and cranberries. Get creative with your patterns—1:2, 1:3, 1:10 ratios, it’s your call on the final look!
- Hang with Care: Once your garland is complete, drape it around your tree, mantle, or anywhere that needs a touch of homemade holiday spirit.
Pro Tip: If you're crafting with little ones, use a plastic needle for safety. And why not make a little extra popcorn for snacking while you string? 😉
Happy Holidays and happy crafting from all of us at Dusted! 🌟🍿